The deputy vice chancellor for academic (DVC-AA) assist the VC in providing leadership for the University’s planning process and take a leadership role with respect to academic matters in the university. In line with the accreditation requirement of MINESUP.
The DVC-AA ensures that the university achieves its academic goals, vision and mission.
The DVC-AA is responsible for interfacing closely with the other deputy vice chancellors who has carriage of the other core aspect of the university’s academic focus. The DVC-AA has the role of overseeing and planning the delivery of the university’s undergraduate and post graduate teaching programs.
The DVC-AA establishes the academic calendar for the current academic year and ensures that the activities in it are followed and the goals for the year are achieved
What We Do!
- The office supervises the dean/directors in BUIB and the librarian, evaluating and approving their recommendations for faculty hiring, promotion and tenure.
- The office oversees academic planning, academic program review and curriculum development
- The office of DVC-AA Promotes research in the university
- The office supervises budget preparation for the academic and academic related programs.
- The office Provides leadership in creating and maintaining academic standards and policies
- As part of the VC office, the DVC-AA provides the executive leadership in assisting the VC in the overall planning, organizing and controlling of the academic program areas.
- The DVC-AA serves as the principal assistant and adviser to the VC in all academic matters.
- The DVC-AA develops and plans institutional and academic programs budgeting and resource allocation, supervises staff development programs in collaboration with the DVC- i/c Administration and Finance (Human Resource).
- Ensures quality through supervision of teaching, research and outreach