The Guidelines for Admission into BUIB are as follows:
- Admission into BUIB is open to all those seeking knowledge irrespective of nationality, religion, color, sex, race and language.
- Admission guidelines, policies and regulations are established by the Academic Board (SENATE) of the University.
- Applicants can obtain admission online at www.biakahc.org/application
- The Office of Admissions and Enrollment Management uses an individualized, holistic review process to consider each completed application. Taking into account factors such as academic performance, career or vocational goals, relevant experience, language competence and potential success in the program.
- Admission decisions are made on the basis of the information submitted as part of the student’s application. Applicants who believe that supplemental items will help convey information about their qualifications are encouraged to submit such items along side their printed applications.
+237 671 710 796
Call Us For MSC, MBA & BSC Admission
Located on the South eastern slopes of Mount Cameroon also called Mount Fako, is the beautiful and peaceful city of Buea, originally spelled ‘Gbea’ by the indigenous Bakweri people of the town.
Today, Buea is the Capital of the Southwest Region of Cameroon, with a population of over 300,000 inhabitants a majority being students.
Buea is known for its conducive climate, moderate living standards and competitive educational environment. Buea hosts the University of Buea, Cameroon’s first Anglophone University. It is the site of several other higher institutes of learning, including the St. Francis School of Nursing and Midwifery presently known as the Biaka University Institute of Buea (BUIB) and one of Cameroon’s three Catholic Universities. Nicknamed, Silicon Valley, Buea also hosts lots of Cameroons youngest and brightest entrepreneurs and artists.
Buea, ‘the city of Excellence’ is the perfect place for relaxation and adventures with the famous Buea Mountain and a handful of colonial era buildings are surviving notably the Presidential Lodge, the former German governor’s residence. Buea hosts an annex of National archives of Cameroon with other attractions like the Reunification Monument, The Mountain and Parliamentary Hotels.
Learn Course At University
Welcome to St. Francis Library- BUIB
BUIB’s library is named St. Francis Library in honour of the father of the founder of the institution, a man who promoted creativity, knowledge acquisition and professionalism for the well being of the society. St. Francis library is situated at the center of the campus and is open to staff, students and the community.
The mission of the library is to make available and accessible different formats of information resources and services to foster teaching, lifelong learning, research and other academic activities.
Our vision is to be a modern hybrid library that meets the creative, professional, vocational and individual information needs of all categories of users. The library will shine out in providing access to high quality scholarly resources in the physical and virtual library environments.
Print resources of St. Francis library are managed using the Koha Integrated Library System and the Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) is currently accessible through the campus intranet.
All users are encouraged to get registered at the library in order to enjoy the services rendered like reference, circulation, information, literacy and other library services. The library environment is very conducive for individual and group learning and research.
Open hours: 8am – 4pm
Ask a Librarian: Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and your query will be answered within 24 hours.
We have a dedicated team of professional staff at your service. Our educators are both experienced and academically trained individuals with a passion for their jobs. Our support staff is welcoming and ready to assist you with your personal and study needs. Together in their different capacities; they are wholly dedicated to your personal and professional development.